Thursday 24 April 2014

Summer Bummer

It was my sisters birthday at the weekend and as we are going to Glastonbury together this summer she asked for a gift that tied in with that. She gave a few hints and options, phone charger - boooorrrinnggg, waterproof jacket - meh, sleeping bag - kill me now, bum bag - ding ding ding we have a winner!

So, I started to trawl through websites in search for something appropriate. She usually has quite a subtle style but wanted something colourful for the summer. I was really surprised to find such a limited choice on my regular 'go to' websites - Asos, Missguided, Boohoo. They had relatively reserved pieces and I was looking for something more 'Mr Motivator'-esque.

I ventured deeper into the world of fashion online and on my way through I made a stopover at Etsy. To my surprise there was the biggest selection of bum bags I had as yet found anywhere else by far, with a wide range of colours and styles. These are a pick of my favourites:


and this is the one I chose for her present - hopefully she won't see this before she receives it tomorrow - It is from a brand called Butchi and Gosmos (£19) and was completely hand made. The African pattering is screen printed and you are able to pick your own zipper, I opted for black. It arrived after just over a week and it beautiful, I had to resist stealing it for myself! I will be sure to take a picture of her with it at Glasto.
S. x


No comments:

Post a Comment