Saturday 26 April 2014

Shoe shop gone wrong

On Monday I am very excited to announce that I will be starting a new job as an online merchandiser. It is my first 'real job' since graduating and by that I mean 9-5,inside a real office building. I have previously worked freelance from home as well as for small start-ups.

Today I decided that I would need a pair of new shoes, to make the right impression of course! The dress code is smart-casual however I'm not sure this stretches to a pair of Birkenstocks - much to my disappointment. 

I made a good start focusing myself, repeating the word 'footwear' so as to not be distracted with all the shiny offerings. It went well, for a time. 

Spotted these in New Look straight away and thought they were perfect but at £65 I feel it's a little pricey for the brand - what do you think? 



Then it all went very wrong. Miss Selfridge is always my downfall. For many, many years now it is like they are in my head as far as style is concerned. I always find something that I like and that seems to fit perfectly to my shape. 
Within about five minutes I was in the changing room with three items. Oops. 
Well I do need some work clothes! The two dresses I tried first although they are both similar in shape, both with 90s style necklines, they give such different feels and could easily be worn for days, work or evenings. 
Then came the jumpsuit. I have tried on so many jumpsuits and dungarees and they NEVER fit. My top is a size 8 whilst the bottom is a 10 so I have to opt for a bit of boob falling out or to be nearly sliced in half underneath - sorry to be so graphic! This one fit! Perfectly! Some kind of Miss Selfridge magic!? I found after I went to the till to purchase that I had accidentally picked up a petite size. Is never considered trying this at 5'6" but apparently this worked - brilliant! It has great double strap detailing too. 
So finding that I has mistakenly spent pretty much all of my money I then just wandered to Topshop and River Island for a browse. These were the best I saw, most completely not office appropriate! 

Unsuccessful yet successful shopping trip!

S. x

 p.s. I will be doing a summer shoe dedicated post very soon\










No comments:

Post a Comment