Sunday 6 April 2014

Style Icon Sunday #001

Okay so I am aware that my choice for The Styling Forecasts first #StyleIconSunday post is a little.. well let's be honest.. obvious! But I don't care. 

Since I was a little girl I remember being in awe of Kate and that has failed to dissipate. She manages to keep her own style whilst remaining current and lets be honest she's managed to do this whilst having a bloody good time.

So, how do you get Kates style?

Although she can glam up with the best of them Kate is known for her casual relaxed style. To emulate her casual, cool look a par of denim jeans are essential. We like this pair from Dorothy Perkins, but I would roll them up a little at the bottom to keep them current.

A structured blazer has been another Kate staple throughout the years. I wanted to keep the colours cool for Spring Summer, however, in Winter a black blazer will work. The first one, from Oasis, is really more in keeping with the casual style but I really loved this one I came across at Forever 21, it is unbelievably, somehow only £14.75 so it would be rude not to really.

Pair these two with a neutral top in grey, white, black or a soft, pale blue. Accessories are always minimal, hats and bags tend to be her key go to items rather than jewellery. If you go for a plain, light coloured jacket then choose a bold bag - we like this leopard print one from ikrush, absolute bargain at £9.99, and a nod to the leopard print coats Kate is often seen wearing. If the jacket you choose is printed then a neon yellow clutch would work instead.
Anesu Dark Leopard Print Clutch Bag - ikrush - £9.99

S. x

*All opinions and views mentioned on TheStylingForecast are my own (Sarah Hill) and they are mentioned for information, enjoyment and reviewing purposes only. 





2 comments:

  1. She just manages to look effortlessly cool! I bought this colour of denim in the sale last year but am not sure if I'm ready to get them out yet, need some sun first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it will be here soon!!

    ReplyDelete