Monday 10 February 2014

Can I have a half an' half please?

NYFW AW14 Highlights: Day 4: Custo Barcelona

Raised in the North of England if anyone was to ask if I would like half an' half I would lick my lips and assume I was about to eat half chips, half rice with a big helping of gravy on top. Yesterday I was introduced to the much more glamorous world of duality.

Custo Barcelona have long since been a favourite of mine at fashion week always offering an array of vibrant, colourful prints and patterning for the eye to devour. This collection did not disappoint with super neon brights, against blacks and camel, to really make them pop.






Although normally any bright patterning would be a highlight for me on this occasion it was not. Half way through the proceedings coats of two halves, literally, came down the runway. This could have been very poorly executed but not at all, in every instance,that was seen in this collection. Keeping half a plain black, as with the neon prints, really made the detailing of the other side of the coats pop out. Although we don't condone fur and would never purchase it we can't deny that the half fur coats look beautiful, we'll take one in faux please! The point were the two materials met was kept off centre and this really added to the design aesthetic of the pieces. 


And will someone please get me a pair of those sunnies right now please! 

No comments:

Post a Comment