Monday 10 February 2014

All the fun of the Vintage Fair


Last weekend I visited Lou Lou's Vintage Fair - www.thevintagefair.com - in Southampton's Guild Hall. The event travels around the country, from Bournemouth to Glasgow, like a travelling circus for vintage.

I have been to events like this previously vastly ranging in size from less than ten stalls to what felt like thousands. This event was just perfect, I spent about an hour walking around what I estimate to be around 40 stalls, picking out items I would like to go back to purchase. I find that shopping in this way has both its negative and positive points. It means you are less likely to impulse buy and then regret it when you see an item you fall in love with even more than you just did with the item you now wish you'd left however, it could also mean you miss out on an item as I did on this occasion. One of the first stalls was packed with brightly, coloured, 90s shell jackets. (Unfortunately I did not get the name of this stall so if anyone does please let me know so I can link there site and also have a look myself!) I instantly fell in love with a bright pink floral jacket (£20) but followed my rules of looking around the fair before committing to an item and when I came back at the end it was nowhere to be seen. Now I can't stop thinking about the jacket!


Amongst the stalls on offer I found two others that I knew were instantly my style. Mooch vintage - www.moochvintage.co.uk - that had an array of mens sports jackets Adidas, Fila etc. and Vulgar -www.vulgarsheffield.co.uk - which was a mix of modern and vintage.




I ended up being very controlled and treated myself to two t-shirts from Vulgar, one black 'Feline' and one with a gorgeous print on (I will upload images). I also decided to purchase a red vintage Adidas jacket because it was only £20 and I had just seen a new one in JD Sports for £50! Great item for gym or festivals! Bargain. 

 

I will look forward to visiting next time the fair is in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment