Monday 10 March 2014

'Dreams are only dreams if all you do is dream'

So, I know this is primarily a fashion based blog but I personally have a strong interest in all the creative arts, so pieces about art and music will often crop up.

One evening last week I went to the EP launch of the band, Maybe Neverland. This is a band I became aware of attending a weekly acoustic night, Monday Night Blues, at Orange Rooms, Southampton. (Incidentally MNB is celebrating its 6th birthday this evening so I will also be going along to that!). The two front men of Maybe Neverland, Ran and Dam - who couldn't look more like polar opposites if they tried - caught my attention performing a cover of Crystal Fighters 'Champion Sound'.

We arrived slightly late so missed the first few bands but managed to catch the support band !ll Funk, who did a cool little Bob Marley cover. The venue was in the bar area of Oceana, Southampton. I had, had my doubts about this as a venue, but it was spacious with two levels, booths and tables. Really chilled out place for a gig and the room was definitely needed with the large amount of people who attended.

The headliners played in for well over an hour, great value for only a fiver! Here are previews of my favourite tracks from the night to have a listen to..





Ran spoke at the end of the gig about this project for independent artists and creatives globally. It focuses on giving power back to creatives and the mantra that 'Dreams are only dreams if all you do is dream'. The video and Kickstarter campaign are a must-see for any inspiring creatives or just anyone who wants to support them, from as little as £1. The rewards section for backing the project has some really fantastic rewards for musicians and fans definitely worth a look!



Explore the kickstarter campaign.

In a more fashion related side note the band were all wearing clothing from a brand that I can't remember the name of but really liked - they had great hats. As soon as I find out I will update.

S. x

Update: 
The brand that Maybe Neverland were wearing is called Trill Made

No comments:

Post a Comment